Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tilly

This is Tilly. She is a miniture Lion head rabbit we inherited from a friend.
Derrick brought her home one day after work for us to pet sit for a night and also mentioned that the friend wondered if we might be interested in maybe keeping her. Well this situation has presented itself a few times in the past and we ended up keeping obnoxious dogs for only a couple of months before giving them away. My response right off was a big fat NO!!!
The next morning  all three of our kids woke up at 6:30am just to say a sad good-bye to Tilly, so I caved, and we are now the proud owners of a pet bunny. For those of you who know me, know that a pet really isn't my thing. However, this bunny has proved to be a pretty fabulous pet. She only eats pellets and hay, she sleeps in a cage and runs all around the backyard during the day, her poo is tiny and odorless. She's very gentle and great with the kids and we all agree she's kinda cute!!
So happy.
We LOVE Tilly!!

8 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

Oh Andrea that is a cute bunny. I had no idea that they could actually be cute but yours is! How fun!

Kade and Kaylee said...

K that is the funniest looking rabbit I've ever seen! If you can even call it a bunny!! ha ha! That was fun chatting with you guys on skype tonight!! We need to do it more often so we get to see each other more instead of just seeing you twice a year! :)

Misty (Hesch) Walker said...

HOW CUTE!! She looks super sweet!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Derrick and his dang pets...he's worse than Rob when it comes to bringing home strays. But Tilly is pretty cute - I probably woulda caved, too -

Hippie said...

I love Tilly, don't get rid of her you will hurt the kids I mean look at Colin how happy it makes him. Speaking of Colin he is getting so grown up looking I just seen him in July and he has changed looks again.

Melanie and Curtis said...

SO nice of you to keep Tilly. She is a pretty cute bunny!

Josie said...

How funny! I have never seen a bunny quite like that before! It is cute and looks like the kids are loving it! Darling pic of Olivia.

Kathryn said...

Your kids look like they are in heaven! My kids are dying to have a pet, but I'm so mean...I'll never cave no matter how big and sad their eyes get. Can I just bring my kids over to play with yours?