On June 25th, 2010 my water broke at 5 a.m. I've never had that happen before but it was kind of cool. No laboring at home to make sure you're dilated enough for the hospital to keep you. We arrived at the hospital around 6 a.m. and I had an epidural about 2 hours later. It really only worked on one side though so I still had to breath through contractions.
This is Derrick trying to pass the time, playing bubble breaker or solitaire. June 25th is the day Michael Jackson died one year ago, so we watched a lot of his old music videos and the World Cup replays.
Still waiting.
Here she is, and it only took 6 hours and one push! Born at 11:58 a.m. She weighed 6lbs. 2 onces and was 18 1/2 inches long. It's crazy that she was born 4 weeks early and already had chubby rolls and cheeks and a little double chin. D and I have agreed that this is our last baby, so even though I always have thought labor and delivery is such an exciting experience, it was a little bitter-sweet this time because I will never get to do it again and as much as I really don't enjoy being pregnant, there are things I will miss; like feeling the baby move inside of me and the way my skin clears up and my hair gets thick and long. I really feel ready to be done having children though and people always say that you'll just know, and it's true. However, I feel so blessed for the opportunity that I've had of being able to do it four very special times.
Daddy, Mommy, and Jemma. Derrick was already spreading the word!
Jemma Kay Esplin. So sweet!
Big sister Olivia is sooo happy her baby sister is FINALLY here.
Proud big brother Colin
A very cautious Mason, holding her for he first time.
Our family - Colin 5, Mason 7, Olivia 3, Jemma 1 day, Andrea 30, Derrick 30 (Wow! I'm not sure why my face is so swollen???)



14 comments:
Congrats to you guys. She is so cute. Four is a good number to have. I think I would really go crazy if we had five but were not.
Andrea! We are so happy for you and your family. She truly does complete your sweet clan. I hope you are both doing well now. Can't wait to come and see you and little Jemma!
Looks like you have the right number of kids to go to Disneyland....wasn't that what you wanted? Such a cute family!!! We love and miss you guys!
I am counting the days, can't wait to hold Jemma and play in pool with Mason,Colin and Olivia.
I'm so happy for you Andrea! Congrats on a beautiful little girl! And yay for finally ending the longest pregnancy ever, right?! :) So glad she is doing better. And what sweet, precious pictures! What a beautiful family!
CONGRATS!! She is so DARLING!! What a cute family. I love the picture of all of you on the hospital bed!! So priceless!
I'm so happy for you to finally have her here. She is truly precious and I'm so glad she is doing better! I was really worried for her. I'm laughing at Derrick playing on his phone during your labor. Sounds all to familiar...what is it with guys? ;)
These pictures are all darling and I can't wait to see some more pictures of Jemma so keep posting!!!
congrats andrea! you have such a beautiful family!
Congrats Andrea! I'm SO glad things turned out well for little Jemma and you all! We've been praying for you!
OK....stinkin excited to see this precious little girl in real life. Call me and tell me when I can come over and see you guys. I miss you. I am having Andrea withdrawls!!!
What a cutie! It was fun seeing you yesterday.
congrats... Perfect people make perfect babies! Love!!
I love the family picture...so cute! 2 boys and 2 girls...a perfect mix. Congrats on such a cutie!!
You have such a cute family!! congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see you and Jemma! I'm so glad you guys are home now! :)
Post a Comment