Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


We stuck around for Thanksgiving, like we do every year. We usually get together with as many of D's brothers and sisters that can and eat at his parents house. It's really nice to not have to travel far and the cousins have so much fun together. 

Mas, Col, Payt, and Jax



These boys are so silly. Rubberband funny faces!

Derrick's mom is so great and makes a wonderful meal for us all. This year we brought sweet potatoes and Chocolate Betsy, one of my sweet mommy's recipies.(Around here most people call it chocolate lush). Derrick made the yams all by his self and they were so good. He was very proud and made sure everyone had some on their plate. Last year it was a pumpkin Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Every year it's something new, maybe we should make it a tradition.

This year I was so thankful for the rain, though it made me homesick for my family. It really made it feel like Fall finally, and I'm always thankful for our friends and families. I just love this time of year!

1 comment:

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Derrick sure was proud of those sweet potatoes . . . but I have to admit that they were pretty tasty!