Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Snow!!!

In the ten years that I have lived here, I've never seen it snow like this in December. It's so exciting. It was such a thrill watching my little ones faces light up when they looked outside this morning, and the fact that school was cancelled made it that much more fun.
Olivia wasn't too sure if she liked the snow as much as the boys though. She is quite the little princess and didn't even like the snow on her hands. She would not wear gloves and I had to fight with her to get that hat on. She's so cute!
This is Derrick hard at work, bulding our snowman in his dress shirt and slacks before heading to work. 
Tada! I thought it might be fun to have a pirate snowman, so we gave him an eye patch and a bandana. Mason didn't really like that idea, but humored me for one picture.
The kids named him Snowie. They are so creative.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Way to go Derrick impressive snowman- I've never seen anyone playing in the snow in dress pants!!! The snow was a BLAST!!

Melanie and Curtis said...

I LOVE the pirate snowman. It was so fun to see that many homes had built one...so yours was the most original! I too hope it snows next week for Christmas!

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

I can't believe all the snow that everybody got. We went to Vegas on Wednesday and my parents got snow. Everybody around us got it but not us. They canceled our school on Thursday also because Vegas got snow. There wasn't a picture of Derrick in his other costume. It was good to see you guys. My kids know point at your Christmas card all the time.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

What a creative idea - a pirate snow man. Your house looks so good covered in snow! What a pretty picture.

Lyndsi said...

Great snowman guys! You have such a cute family, Andrea! Did you get the primary picture I sent? Let me know. :)