Thanksgiving night my friend Brooke and I went shopping at some stores in the stip mall that opened at 11:00 pm. It seemed like there were hundreds of people out and I ended up waiting in one store for two very long hours.
By the time we finished with the strip mall it was 2:30 am. Since I had already planned to get up and stand in line at 4:00 am it now seemed pointless to go to bed for an hour and get up again, so we stayed up.
I haven't pulled an all-nighter since I was first married. Needless to say we were both pretty tired and hungry. It really made standing in some of those line very difficult. The only place open at 4 am is Del Taco. Yum, yum! It was actually really good.
Our first stop was the strip mall. Then the Old Navy parking lot, and back to The Childrens Place, where there was absolutley no line at 3 am. Next was WalMart. We went straight to the movies for $2. They were all shrink wrapped and we all stood there just waiting for the worker to cut the tape and when he did, everyone dove. I got what I needed and was thankful not to be trampled, but some people had piles of movies like 20 - 30 and I doubt they even knew what they were grabbing. Our next stop was Home Depot for a pre-lit Christmas tree priced at $49 down from $199. After that Bath & Bodyworks and the Mall. Too bad we were so tired to think very clearly and didn't get any pictures of the crazy lines, but we had a lot fun and made it home by 8:30 am.



2 comments:
That was soo much fun!! Thanks for showing me the ropes!! Can't wait till next year!!
Wow you guys are die hards! It sounds like fun!!
Post a Comment