
On Christmas eve I started bleeding and thought for sure I was miscaring. Thankfully my mom and dad were here to help take care of us. This pregnancy has been sooo random. Completely different from all three of my others. I miscarried early on three months in a row just trying for this one, so of course I thought it was happening again. Crazy enough though I did not lose our baby. Instead I had developed a large blood pool just under or next to my uterus/placenta. My doctor wasn't sure exactly where it was coming from and earlier on it was almost the same size as my uterus. GREAT! So I bled for 2 very long months and finally stopped at 18 weeks. Although the pool still remains, it is clotting now which is very a good thing. All the while our little baby has continued to grow and develop unaffected by this situation. Alleluia!! My doctor has kept a close watch on the baby,(ultra sounds every 2 weeks), which helped to put my mind at ease. If you look just below the alien baby in the picture you can see where the blood pool is. So... finally after all day morning sickness for months and bleeding, hives, and a nasty cold, I'm happy to actually be feeling somewhat normal.



4 comments:
Andrea, that sounds so scary! Grandma Ruth told me a little bit about what was going on (what she knew anyway), so I am so glad you are doing better, and that baby girl is growing and developing! Here's hoping for an uneventful remainder of your pregnancy!
Andrea, you are a trooper and have handled it with such ease. What a good example you are. I am SO happy that you held on. What an exciting time!
I had never heard about this complication, but my sister in law is going through the exact same thing. Her little Ellie has held on and she's due next month. I love the name Jemma and what a good girl to even the genders out. Give you girls a fighting chance!
Next time I'm in St George, we should try to meet up! I'd love to meet those adorable kiddos of yours!
I'm so glad you posted! I miss reading about everyone. We are so excited that everything is going well and that we will have yet another cute little neice! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment